Food & Health
Food & Health
« return to recipe home
To print this recipe, please cancel this dialog box and click the "Printer Friendly" button above the recipe.
2 cups chickpea flour
2.5 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup molasses
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (flour through baking soda).
2. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg, molasses and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing only until just combined. Refrigerate the dough, tightly covered with plastic wrap, for at least one hour, or up to a few days.
4. Before you start forming the cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls.
5. Pour granulated sugar into a bowl and coat each ball evenly with sugar before placing on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until set around the edges, but still slightly soft in the middle. Let cookies cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
Servings Per Container
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value *
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
View all sponsors