Food & Health
Food & Health
NPGA Webinar - Weather & Market Update
Monday, February 1, 2021
Weather & Market Update Webinar
Tuesday, February 16th
Join us Tuesday, February 16th for an informative session on weather and marketing webinar.
The science of weather prediction is rapidly advancing. New computing technologies, high-resolution satellite imagery, and increased weather observations are increasing our ability to manage in-season weather risk. Yet weather prediction has its limits, and as we chase yields and profitability, fluctuations in weather during the growing season force growers to constantly adjust their strategies.
Eric will discuss:
· The dominant weather factors that cause yield variance.
· Weather patterns that lead to high yields and also discuss the patterns that impact operations and reduce yield.
· Long term changes in the length of the growing season, total precipitation, and precipitation intensity.
· The limits of predictability and learn about pre-season indicators of adverse weather conditions.
· The long range outlook for Spring and Summer across the US.
February 16th, 2021
9:00 a.m. High Impact Meteorology – Weather Risk in Production Agriculture.
Eric Snodgrass — Principal Atmospheric Scientist, Nutrien Ag Solutions.
11:00 a.m. Pulse Market Update
Eric Bartsch— Division Head Global Food Ingredients, AGT Foods
To register for this NPGA webinar click the following link:
NPGA Weather/Market Webinar
NPGA Newsletter "The Pulse"
Join the NPGA
Pulse Quick List
View all sponsors